Monday, May 7, 2012

Love it, hate it?

This is all going to be cliche



but that's just the price you pay



in a society that stifles creativity



laughs at individual rights and fights



to promote moral clarity through legislating ideals



this is the story of the American dream



in a landscape of corrupted corporate hegemony



where the only shared values are celebrity and greed



how much land does a man really need?



six feet wide and six feet deep?



that's not going to get the job done



so break out the chain gang and resurrect the slaves



take away their ghettos, welfare, and minimum wage



force them to move that dirt faster



while we flirt with disaster



I'm the premed I can say with pride



I got good grades and landed a full ride



I don't want to make the incisions



or any of the tough decisions



I'd rather not haggle with insurance henchmen



so hand me a scotch on the rocks, I'm a big shot



behind the wheel of my luxury ride



with my beautiful new trophy bride



I'm a ******* physician, respect my position



Can I butt in? I'm the fundamentalist redneck



I'm bush's ultimate fan, his number one man



We share the same daddy, Jesus Christ himself



only difference is, I build chevys while he builds wealth



You city slickers are godless heathens who are all going to hell



but what do I know, I comprehend at a 5th grade level and can barely spell



hey, I'm the concerned liberal and you're both sounding crazy



but what do I know, I'm hypocritical and lazy



I don't like to read, and I too value greed



Sure, I'll go green, but I'm keeping my gasoline



I don't have enough depth to be shallow



and my peronal beliefs are all hollow



excuse me while I wallow in self importance



I'm afraid i've got you all beat



I"m the devoted housewife and mother of three



This is the hardest job ever, always on my feet



I bake the brownies and decorate the christmas tree



I'm the reason you can't smoke in bars



or see graphic violence or sex on your tv



I support the troops and the family unit



I'm against whatever doesn't conform to the norm



I hate to break up the party, but i'm the new breed of politician



I'd rather colonise the world than pass universal healthcare



I'll flip a coin, call it while it's in the air



heads it's Iran, tails and it's Pakistan



if it lands on it's side, **** it, we'll bomb the Yucatan



create an axis of evil and hide behind christianity



this isn't insanity, it's hannity's America



tell the world they gotta see the bigger picture



it's all laid out right there in the scripture



an epic battle between the forces of good and evil



Don't you people know pacifism is dead?



we've replaced it with islamofascism instead.



sometimes it's hard for me to keep track



of who's the bad guy and who's the ally



I'd rather not think about it, increase the budget



pour more money into the arms race



we need more nukes that we can fire from space



mutual assured destruction? That's just a myth



like climate change or Adam Smith's vile masters of mankind



besides, I'm a gamblin man, let it ride



Let the atoms collide, let the missiles fly



Watch them light up the sky like the fourth of july



grab the controls of the big one



our 'ends justifies the means' gun



harnessing the power of a thousand suns



place your finger on that hair trigger



squeeze with vigor, with all of your might



sleep tight, my citizens, my constituency



for tomorrow we will all be set free



We'll leave it all in a cloud of stardust



from whence the horseman of the apocalypse will ride



how much land will a man really need?



six feet wide and six feet deep?



that won't be enough to get the job done



so break out the chain gang and resurrect the slaves



take away their ghettos, welfare, and minimum wage



force them to move that dirt faster



while we flirt with disaster



This is our American Dream



Love it, hate it?

Are you kidding? I LOVE it! It's real, so real unlike much of the stuff I'm used to reading over the Internet.



impressive; great job!



Love it, hate it?

That was great!!! It's so honest and real.



Love it, hate it?

I like what you said, but unfortunately it isn't poetry.



Love it, hate it?

Dondi, "Can I butt in? " I beg to differ. I think you could say it needs working on; maybe consistent rhyming or structure or something but saying this isn't poetry... I have a lot of respect for you Dondi, but I disagree. Personally, I think it's good, maybe not perfect but most likely comes straight from the heart. Keep writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment