Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Highlight Question!?

I have brown hair, and blonde highlights. I've had these for awhile. I want change it up a bit. Would it look ok to add copper highlights, and still keep the blonde. Will it all look ok on brown hair? Do you know of any celebrities that have this color?



Highlight Question!?

Hi, my wife found this question and asked me if I'd like to answer it. I'm a colorist/stylist with twelve years of experience at John Dellaria Salon in Soho, NYC.



In my opinion one should be very careful when adding any kind of copper highlights (which is basically a brown orange/red color) to hair that's been highlighted blond unless you are looking for a very funky look that goes with tattoos and piercings.



What you could do is have your colorist add some gold highlights (along with your brown hair and the blond highlights you already have) and then apply a subtle gold toner after the entire process to all your hair to give a bit of a strawberry-blond effect.



Highlight Question!?

I think it would look really cute! I dont know any celebs with it, sorry. But I really think it would look adorable! Good luck!



Highlight Question!?

i think violet and red highlights look great on brunnettes(i am a blondie)



Highlight Question!?

Copper highlights would probably look good- just make sure the brown/blonde/copper combo doesn't end up clashing or looking particularly un-natural. Subtle is in this season. You might want to think about dying your hair a natural brown (your original color) and then adding the copper which would be classy and give you a whole different look.



Highlight Question!?

I like the idea of copper highlights. Go for it! Be your own celeb.



Highlight Question!?

I am a stylist here is my free good advise....



1st Celebrities are only what ever color they are for a week so you should set the trend for them.



2nd Of three colors that can be worked together you picked the best.



3rd Most everything looks good with brown hair.



The things I would question if I were working with you on this highlight would be as follows..



1st Are you thinking of doing the whole head or just a crown coloring?



2nd Pick which on you want as the featured or prominent color.



3rd Are you an out going personality?



What these questions tell me are the answers to what you want to do.



I love mixing thing up a little I have a few of my clients doin something kinda similar to what you are thinking. I like a bold in charge kinda look on and outgoing personality, for them I might go with a few blond in the front and more copper front and top.



If your not that type going with more blond and using the copper to accent the blond would be nice also.



What ever you pick try to get your colorist to do something different with the way the color will be in your hair. Step up and step out.

No comments:

Post a Comment